Choosing the right sink from all of the different sinks for bathrooms that are available on the market today requires that you know a few technical details of these sinks. As soon as you have noted the details down, you can now pair that knowledge with whatever style and aesthetic choices that you intend to make.
There are 3 vital details that you must comprehend about bathroom sinks. These important details are:
We shall look at the 3 in this article and discuss each of them in detail.
Types of installations
There are several types of sink installations. They include the following:
- Wall-mounted sinks- They are affixed to the wall and function well in smaller bathrooms, thus permitting for usable space below the sink. Though, the space might only fit a wastebasket, it gives the bathroom a larger visual feel.
- Pedestal bathroom sinks- This sink is attached to the wall of the bathroom. Nonetheless,, it rests on a pedestal which supports it from underneath. This type of sink also works well in small spaces.
- Drop-in/top-mount/Self-rimming sink- This kind of sink is placed in a cut-out in the vanity top, secured in place with the rim of the sink. A variant of this is the tile-in sink that is a self-rimming sink which is used with a tiled counter-top.
- Under-mount bathroom sinks- They are mounted underneath the vanity top or the counter, making for a continuous surface between the sink and the vanity top.
- The console bathroom sink- This sink is supported by two legs that are mounted at the front of the sink. This “two-leg” style is an old-fashioned concept of a console bathroom sink. However, there are numerous variations and styles on this theme.
- The vessel sink- This is a free-standing bowl which sits on the vanity’s top . However, at times, it can be mounted partly sunken into the countertop.
A bathroom sink’s configuration denotes in part to its installation technique, but also to how it is designed relative to the faucet it will be joined with. Simply, your sink’s configuration must match or be attuned to the kind of faucet that you currently have or that you are planning to purchase. A 3-hole faucet means one that is made up of individual handles and a spout, requires a sink with three holes.
The material of a sink is very imperative from a décor and style point of view, and also usability standpoint. We all have our tastes and likings for a specific type of sink material, be it the distinctive look of a wooden bathroom sink or a transparent glass vessel. Irrespective of whatever material you like, you must keep in mind that it play a key role in the durability of the sink and also ease of maintenance.
Here are a few leading materials that are used in making bathroom sinks:
- Solid surface
- Porcelain/Fireclay/Vitreous China
- Cast Iron
Before you start thinking about the sink that you are going to purchase, first gather the facts. You must consider the three important details- material, configuration, and installation. After examining these three aspects and blending them with your desires, you will be in a good shape to make an informed decision.